NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Country Paths - The quilt behind the pillow on the chair

Luned asked about the quilt behind the Angel Pillow on the chair. It's Country Paths - kind of a wishful quilt. The three houses belong to my 3 children. It would be nice if I could just take a walk down a path on a beautiful fall day and visit them. Alas, they all live too far away for that. Or maybe it's not alas. Some space for everyone is a good thing. It's easier to be your own person without your parents that close - or your children. I wish Brian and his family were a little closer though. Anyway - Country Paths comes out every fall. It's one of my favorite quilts.


6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful quilt! Love it.. I have three daughters, 20, 21, and 22, and I am thinking a little space would be a good thing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country paths is gorgeous!! Another one to add to "The List"! My three girls also live all across Canada...I hear you...you miss them but wish them well and want them to be independent...it's just so darn hard!! Take care and hope your kids will be home for the holidays!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the answer. As Paulette above says, that's another one for The List! It wasn't one that I'd jumped at from the pattern, but looking at that picture yesterday when I could see the actual fabrics it definitely appeals. It's beautiful.
    As I'm typing this, I can see Morning Song in the bar on the right... yup, another one for The List. Oh for more quilting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in this quilt and as always the pattern is old fashoned. Your quilts make me think of my granny and hand made everything!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a fan of your quilts and patterns! I live in the country, and your designs and fabrics are so appealing and charming to me! I really love the Country Paths! Janet

    ReplyDelete